Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Why I Will Never Buy an Apple Product

Other than that Apple products are generally grossly overpriced and shitty, their marketing department just caters to the lowest common denominator.

For some reason, the PC goes to upgrade without knowing if all his hardware is compatible with Vista. I guess Mac users aren't smart enough to figure it out so MacOS is backwards compatible with all the on hardware. Building this backward compatibility into a Mac is pretty easy since there are only a handful of hardware that you can find in a Mac.

Getting a virus is now Windows' fault now? Who's clicked on the flashing banner? Who clicked on the entirely normal looking email attachment? I guess some people just don't have the common sense to own a Windows machine. This ad just says "Hey, you don't need to be smart to use a Mac!"

Itunes? Worst piece of shit ever made. Talk about bloated. What if I just want to listen to my music without connecting to my Ipod(which I've never touched) and finding out about the artist of the month.

So Ilife comes with every Mac huh? I don't need that shit. Sounds like bloat to me.

Mac don't have to restart, I get it. And PC's do? Since when?

Is it necessary to have Sarah Jessica Parker, who I would do regardless of her penchant for Apple, endorse a Mac? It is because people who buy Ipods and Macs buy them for the social status and "[celebrity] uses a Mac."

Usually, the product that uses celebrity endorsement is usually shittier. E.g. Pepsi vs Coke.

What is this supposed to say? "PC don't like to play music"? Retarded

Macs are BETTER AT MUSIC. Can you give a more retardedly generic statement than that?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

iTunes isn't bloated on OS X. It only fails on Windows as it was ported over.

Anonymous said...

God, people like you are absolute morons. You base your decision to buy a product based on a commercial you don't like? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. That's like not buying Pepsi because Britney Spears is in the commercial.

You think you're being different than all the Apple lovers who like the commercials, but really, you're just buying into the anti-hype, which isn't any different than what you're complaining about. I buy the products that fulfill my needs. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Anonymous said...

http://chris.pirillo.com/2008/02/14/50-reasons-to-switch-from-microsoft-windows-to-apples-mac-os-x/

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. I totally agree. And take a look at this.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/01/30/39-apple-products/

Social status is the name of the game. A typical Mac-head wants to be "different" and is essentially clueless about IT. That's why Apple products appeal, as they follow this quite handsome, idiot-proof concept.